Sunday 19 October 2014

Punctuation 3

"MUM, where are my favourite socks!" I asked yelling for help. 
"And where are my Tuesday undies," asked dad searching through his draws. 
"You know I have to wear them today." 
"Just wear Mondays undies, no one is going to know," replied mum. 
"No ones going to know." 
"I'm going to know and to wear mondays undies, pfft that would be idiotic," dad answered back with a streak in his voice. 
This was only the beginning of our family disaster, for the next few weeks things were starting to disappear and fast. With dad losing his Tuesday undies and me losing my favourite socks, Isaac then lost his favourite bow tie while mum then lost her favourite dress. We thought we were going mental, "Its not like they could just hop up and run away," said Isaac. Mum suggested that we 
"Recap our steps, when was the last time you had your items?" she said. 
We all replied, "Before washing day was the last time we had them." 
"So maybe its the washing machine thats caused all this drama," Mum said with a glimpse and hope in her eyes. We checked the washing machine, there was… nothing.

With nothing to prove, I decided to put a Go-Pro in the machine to watch it in action. To see if there was something suspicious really happening inside. What I didn’t realise was that the washing machine would take my Go-Pro too. 
"AHHH ITS GONE!" I yelled at the top of my voice. 
"What are we going to do?" 
"Lets just give up," Mum said to me. 
"Fine if that’s the best idea," I moaned. 
"A few weeks later Isaac had dropped his toy car behind the washing machine, and as we were looking for it a pair of undies popped up out of the blue, just sitting there. 
"Mum look," I said with a big grin on my face.
"Who would have guessed?" We both stood there smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment