Sunday 25 May 2014

Miss Campbell's eye problem

Advantages:              Disadvantages:

1. No rubbing your eye to get it worse.   1. Her eye could die.

2. Don't have to read.                            2. Can't rub her eye.              

3. Can scare your friends with the look of it.         3. Can sneeze or cough.


Miss C: I have a problem with my eye Doctor Mike.

Doctor Mike: What is that problem Wendy?

Miss C: I have a very bad eye problem.

Doctor Mike: May you please show me the problem Wendy?

Miss C: Yes sure no problem.

Doctor Mike: Ok this is when a very small blood vessel breaks underneath the conjunctiva.

Miss C: What is the conjunctiva?

Doctor Mike: The conjunctiva is a clear tissue covering the white part of the eye.

Miss C: Oh ok, what are some of the causes of this?

Doctor Mike: This can be caused by rubbing the eye or something hitting it. It can also be caused by strong coughing, sneezing, vomiting, stressful bowel movements.

Miss C: Well I have been coughing a lot lately.

Doctor Mike: Yes that is probably the cause of this eye problem.

Miss C: What can I do to get rid of this problem.

Doctor Mike: Well there is no treatment besides artificial tears to make the eye comfortable.

Miss C: Is there anything else I need to do?

Doctor Mike: Yes there is you need to avoid any heavy exertion and try not to rub the eye for several days.

Miss C: How long until it will clear up?

Doctor Mike: The hemorrhage will slowly clear over several weeks.

Miss C: Thank you for helping me with my problem Doctor Mike.

Doctor Mike: No problem!






No comments:

Post a Comment